Monday, June 1, 2009

ATCS Race Day - Sepang Circuit

Chin Tzer Jinn stole the limelight in the Asian Touring Car Series Round 2 at the Asian Festival of Speed as he sealed a double win at the Sepang International Circuit in style. The Malaysian who won Race 1 yesterday, took Race 2 honours as well after winning it despite starting from the back of the pack. Chin was quick out of the blocks, but got entangled with Hong Kong’s Gary Sham forcing the safety car to be deployed just one lap into the race.

For the next two laps behind the safety car, the nine remaining cars lined up for a restart with Chin forced to be at the back. “I had a pretty good start to get to fourth but after the incident I thought my race was over. Nevertheless, I got back into the pack and it was hard work for me from then on.” “And with some luck I was fortunate to take every car one at a time as they were having personal battles and I could concentrate on my race,” said Chin who eventually passed all the cars and crossed the chequered flag in 26:59.833s to win the race.

Chin’s pace was even to much for championship leader Cheung Chi Sing who eventually finished the race in second spot despite having mechanical problems. “Yes, it was disappointing to finish second as I was leading most of the race but I had a gearbox problem during the race and so I could have finished lower,” said the Hong Kong driver. “However, the weekend was a positive one for me and the team and the most importantly we have the car in good condition for the next race,” added Cheung.

Third place Man Ting Yu also had a disappointing race as he had led for a time. Man however dropped two spots in Lap 4 sighting some technical problems as the cause. He however made up for his poor showing by trailing Adrian Henry D’ Silva and eventually snatched the final podium spot in Lap 8. “I took the lead at the start but fell three places due to some misjudgments but I kept with third place Adrian and made the most of the first gap I saw to finish third.”















Source: Zerotohundred

No comments:

Post a Comment